Dog Man: The Musical - TheaterWorks Anywhere Edition is an abridged adaptation of the hilarious musical based on the worldwide bestselling book series from Dav Pilkey, the creator of Captain Underpants.
Best buds George and Harold have been creating comics for years, but now that they’re in 5th grade, they figure it's time to level up and write a musical based on their favorite character, Dog Man, the crime-biting sensation who is part dog, part man, and ALL HERO!! How hard could it be?
With the head of a dog and the body of a policeman, Dog Man loves to fight crime and chew on the furniture. But while trying his best to be a good boy, can he save the city from Petey, the world’s most evil cat and Flippy the cyborg fish? And will George and Harold finish their show before lunchtime?? Find out in this epic musical adventure featuring the hilarity and heart of Dav Pilkey’s beloved characters.
The show is written by Kevin Del Aguila and Brad Alexander, who collaborated on the Emmy-winning series Peg + Cat on PBS, TheaterWorksUSA’s Click, Clack, Moo, and Clifford The Big Red Dog on PBS and Amazon.
Dog Man: The Musical - TheaterWorks Anywhere Edition has an approximate running time of 20 minutes.
Dog Man was an instant bestseller, and now has more than 23 million copies in print to date and translations available in more than 21 languages.
- Script and Score in PDF format.
- A robust TheaterWorks Anywhere Edition Director’s Guide.
- A TheaterWorks Anywhere Edition Student Guide.
- Fully orchestrated performance tracks.
- Music learning tracks.
- Tips for holding virtual auditions
- Tips on using Zoom (or another videoconferencing platform) to hold productive rehearsals
- Suggestions for designing and creating at-home costumes, scenery, and props
- Tips and instructions on how to put on your final performance live
- Tips and and an instructional video on how to pre-record your show and edit it together using Final Cut Pro (These instructions can also help with your video editing software of choice.)