Magic spells, a secret club, and an angry dragon on the loose…
When a powerful dragon is unleashed in the land, the villagers of Sunnyshire relocate to a high tower for protection. Tired of living inside the tower walls, a group of three unlikely friends unite to form The Rapunzel Club -- and hatch a high-stakes plan to defeat the dragon and return to normal life.
Our kid heroes join forces with a first-time knight and an expert sorceress, and use a combination of science, bravery and quick-thinking to save their kingdom.
The Rapunzel Club TheaterWorks Anywhere Edition has book and music by Tyrone L. Robinson and Jason Rhyne and lyrics by Jason Rhyne.
The approximate running time is 20 - 30 minutes.
Tyrone L. Robinson (book and music) is an ASCAP Frederick Loewe Award winner and wrote music and lyrics for Show Way, a musical adaptation of the Newbery Honor book of the same title by Jacqueline Woodson.
Jason Rhyne (book, music and lyrics) is a recipient of a Jonathan Larson Grant for his work as a composer-lyricist and wrote the lyrics for a musical adaptation of the HBO film Rocket Science.
- Script and Score in PDF format.
- A robust TheaterWorks Anywhere Edition Director’s Guide.
- A TheaterWorks Anywhere Edition Student Guide.
- Fully orchestrated performance tracks.
- Music learning tracks.
- Tips for holding virtual auditions
- Tips on using Zoom (or another videoconferencing platform) to hold productive rehearsals
- Suggestions for designing and creating at-home costumes, scenery, and props
- Tips and instructions on how to put on your final performance live
- Tips and and an instructional video on how to pre-record your show and edit it together using Final Cut Pro (These instructions can also help with your video editing software of choice.)